About

This summer I'll be setting up a new tank, a 29 gallon with live breeders and driftwood.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Oh Dear.... were in for a trip! II

The title of 'Oh Dear... were in for a trip!' is now being used once again. As alas, it means I have not been keeping up with the  blog! But, this means now there is a very interesting summary of what has occurred over the past few weeks. Pretty, isn't it? But only, I filled it up to the top and added George.

*While George was in his jar, shortly before going to his new home, I got sick of the maintence level of the small jar. So I ripped out the dying Java Fern and gravel, and did this with the babies. 
*George has finally taken flight to Lucy's home. She bought him a new tank (he couldn't live in  that jar forever!) and bought some of the tackiest decorations I have ever seen. It is so neon colored and decoration filled, I am NOT posting a picture.
*I have been busy cycling the bowl since George left us. It is currently at 1pm of ammonia, and 0 of everything else. I also found out my tap water is 7.2 ph. I have never tested the water before. Oh no, now I have you all thinking I have purchased a test kit! I haven't, and won't, for a long time. I brought the water in to a store far away from where I live to get it tested. The man there was very rude and sure of himself, in the worst way posible. Then, he told me I didn't have anythign of anything in the tank. What? SO I bit my tongue to keep from snapping back at his remarks (including, "Lady, I've been doing this for 35 years". I was dying to say "My father has been doing it for over 40 years Mr., so shut up.") and left. I brought another water sample to another store I also love, which not to mention has nicer employees, and got it re-tested there. I then got my results.
*I talked to the nice manager for a minute about a plant, and then left. They didn't have what I was looking for.
*At petsmart I bought 4 plants. I wanted to buy the mossimo balls, but my Father, who drove me, suggested I might find them cheaper online. They were 1.5 in in diameter for 8 dollars a piece. Online, I've found them cheapest at that size for 5 dollars each. But then with the shipping price of 10 bucks,  of course, I'm going to buy them in store. While looking for the mossimo balls online, I found some 3-4 in diameter ones for only $12 each! If you are interested, this is the link. Anyways, the plants I bought...
  1. Amazon Sword
  2. Corkscrew Nana
  3. Water Wisteria
  4. Some grassy looking thing (Resembled onion. I'll find out what it was next time I go to PetSmart)
    That's all! Thanks, I'll update yall later. 



    No comments:

    Post a Comment