About

This summer I'll be setting up a new tank, a 29 gallon with live breeders and driftwood.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Gainsvelle

     I love coming to this city. I haven't done it in a couple years. I like to visit here, and endure the ridiculously long drive, just to be in the atmosphere. Anyhow, I passed a fish store and thought I'd go in. Quite boring for a fish store actually, but they do sell rams. I like them, but a little too pricey at 10 dollars a pop. So I headed over to a nearbye reptile and amphibian store to see what they have. A cute little 1 inch peninsula newt. I asked what they were and how big they get. Friendly, easy to feed, and adorable. They grow from 3-5 inches. So I think I'll have one in my 20 gal long.

UPDATE: The 3 gallon still has no nitrates and no nitrites. ARGH! But, screw it. I'm getting the frog  tomorrow evening when I get home. I got the lid, and the plants have settled in nicely. One is dying, but the other 3 are doing fab. The corkscrew even has a new plant, 3 inches tall at least. And another new one coming up. I'm very impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment