About

This summer I'll be setting up a new tank, a 29 gallon with live breeders and driftwood.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Bowl: Update


This is the way the bowl looks now. (2.5 gal) The day after I bought the plants. Beautiful no? The plants are, as listed in the last post, *Corkscrew Val *Some kind of sword *Water Wisteria *Onion  like thingy.
I'll make it a bit more.... accurate the next time I go to PetSmart. I got the Mexican river rock (big gray rock with white speckles by terra cotta pot) from my Dad, who found it along the sidewalk. The colorful stones are from my brother, in an act of generosity. I am unaware of their origin, but they are beautiful and safe for the tank. The natural colored gravel is from Petco.
I hope you love the set-up! I feel like I really surprised myself with this layout. I bought the plants with no idea of how I would perform the aquascape. I'm very proud, especially about how I managed to make the inside of the pot seem shaded, safe, and a good hidey hole, but that he (Viktor Shroom Stroganoff ~ ADF) will feel secure and tucked away while I can still see him.
This is my first aqua scape. It looks good! Excuse me, but I cannot get over the pride of my accomplishment.
There are still a few things left to be done, though.
  1. Finish cycling. (about 2 more weeks)
  2. Get a cover.
  3. Set up C02 system.
Once I do thus, I may resume getting the frog.
A little additional notice: While day dreaming on the bus today, I thought about the idea of Viktor dying! I decided that if he did, I would get a girl in my second go, and name her Miss Madam Cher Poofla.
Poof for short. Cute no?

1 comment:

  1. Great looking bowl Sara Beth! Good luck to you with the cycling. It can be a big pain sometimes, but it is worth not having upside down fish!
    -Jake

    ReplyDelete