About

This summer I'll be setting up a new tank, a 29 gallon with live breeders and driftwood.

Friday, May 25, 2012

Summer is coming, and where does it leave us?

The 3 gallon nano I had had a short life. It was beautiful for a while, and when I left on vacation for a week, trusting my family to turn on/off the lights for the plants as needed, they were left off all week. Almost all the plants died and had to be tossed. Overtime, stress and work in my world made my tank less and less of a priorety, until all the fish had died, except for one, and all the plants had died. Now, I have a barely ever fed, undergrown, sickly molly, and a tank full of fish waste and plant decay.
So what do I do about it?
I start over. This summer, I'm planning on setting up a new tank when I move into a larger bedroom. It will be a 29 gallon tank. I'll be cycling it with the molly inside, and I already have all the accesories and equipment. I have a strong, nice light, a good filter with carbon, and everything else. The stand I had been building is almost completed (it took me a year- but it's done!). All I have to do is coat it in a water resistant finish.
Until then, I'm moving the molly into an empty, one gallon bowl. He'll be fattened, and kept in crystal clear water until the 29 gallon is set up in two months.
Since no photos of the curved gallon tank were ever put up, as I never updated it, here is a video I took over a year ago at it's prime.

No comments:

Post a Comment